Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Canning in the News

Photo by Mary-Liz Shaw of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
An article on canning was on the front page of the Food section in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.  You can check it out here:  Preserving Summer.  There are quotes in the article from Barbara Ingham who is a food scientist with the University of Wisconsin Extension in Madison.  I had actually emailed her last week asking if there were going to be any Master Food Preserver classes added to the Milwaukee area next year.  Unfortunately, there won't be *insert sad face here*.  I was really hoping to take the 3 day course, but I'm not willing to pay for a hotel to take the class halfway across the state.  Oh well...maybe in 2012, right?

There was also a great canning article in the L.A. Times recently.  You can check it out here:  The New Can-Do Spirit.  It featured a few of the bloggers you'll see listed on the right-hand side of my blog.  I love reading the positive articles on canning, instead of the you're-going-to-poison-your-whole-family types of articles.

And finally, in searching for recipes for raspberries, I stumbled upon this article in the Boston Globe:  Building a Company, a Few Jars at a Time.  Its a cute article about a young woman who is canning in her home, and trying to build a business from her passion.  And it amazes me that she only does small batches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Tell me what you think about this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails