Friday, August 20, 2010

Vanilla Extract: 24 & 48 hours later

24 hours of steeping

48 hours of steeping
Can you believe how much darker the vanilla extract got within 24 hours?  48 hours?  I sure can't!  And, it actually smells like vanilla.  I gave the jar a nice, vigorous shake up, and put her back in the cabinet. 

I've got so many things I want to try from scratch.  I can't wait to share them all with you.  Sure, it might be easier to buy butter from the store.  But it's not too hard to make your own.  Yeah, you can buy mozzarella, but imagine how much better it tastes when you make your own (this may be a winter project...too much canning to do right now).  Your own yogurt?  Sounds divine...and healthy too.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Thanks for visiting Canning Week! Hope to see you back throughout the week for more posts!

    jen @ messhalltobistro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Tell me what you think about this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails