Saturday, September 18, 2010

Great Mail Day


Friday was a great mail day at my house.  First, the Fed Ex truck delivered my brand new Oxo 1071478 Good Grips Food Mill.  Then, the UPS truck delivered my very own copy of Canning for a New Generation: Bold, Fresh Flavors for the Modern Pantry as well as the 2 vanilla beans that I won from Food in Jars.

I couldn't resist the food mill any longer.  I caved and ordered it from Amazon.  And, if you haven't heard yet, they have a new promotion going called Amazon Mom.  I signed up for it because it came with 3 free months of Amazon Prime.  I already had the free trial of Amazon Prime when it first came out and loved it, but I was too cheap to pay for it.  What's nice about it is that you get free 2 day shipping on most purchases.  I ordered the food mill on Wednesday and received it on Friday.  If you sign up for Amazon Mom, you also can get discounts on certain baby/kid items.  I also ordered some diapers for cheaper than I can find them in the stores, even with coupons.  If you want to learn more about Amazon Mom, you can read about it here.

Canning for a New Generation became a staple reference book when I borrowed it from the library.  Once I had to return it, I knew I had to buy it.

And as for the Nielson-Massey vanilla beans?  I already used one.  That post will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Tell me what you think about this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails