Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Toys in My Kitchen


I've got some new toys in my kitchen, and I can't wait to use them!  First, my wonderful husband got me this Lodge Enameled Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven, Cafe Brown.  I've never had a Dutch oven before, and I had no idea how heavy they were!  I love that I can start cooking something on the stove top (maybe sear some meat in it) then throw it in the oven (it's oven safe up to 400 degrees).  It will be perfect for making my jams in the summer!  Now I just have to figure out what to make in it first!
Lodge Enameled Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven, Cafe Brown

Next, on sort of a whim, I ordered myself the KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers.  I couldn't resist when it went on sale for under $37!  After reading The Mixer Bible: Over 300 Recipes for Your Stand Mixer I was inspired to make my own sausage.  The food grinder attachment had great reviews on Amazon, and 2 of my coworkers have it, and also recommended it.  I also got the KitchenAid SSA Sausage Stuffer Kit Attachment for Food Grinder so that I can make actual sausages too. 
KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers
Then the hunt was on for some sausage casings.  That's where I ran into some trouble.  I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them.  I ended up back to Amazon, and ordered these Eastman Outdoors 38672 Natural Hog Casings, for 25-Pounds of Sausage
Eastman Outdoors 38672 Natural Hog Casings, for 25-Pounds of Sausage
I guess I've got my work cut out for me.  Lots of new projects to do!  But my wish list is still never-ending.  If anyone is feeling generous, I'd like:














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Tell me what you think about this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails